Search this blog

Translate

Monday, August 24, 2009

Fudge Pie

I get more excited about desserts than making meals so I had to add this. I came across it from another blog and made it for my in-laws. It's so simple and yummy you can't not make it! If you don't have self-rising flour use the same amount of all purpose flour plus 1 tsp. baking powder, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. baking soda.

1 stick melted butter

2 eggs

1 t. vanilla

1/4 C. cocoa

1/4 C. self-rising flour

1 C. sugar

1 ready to bake regular size pie shell {not deep dish}

Mix ingredients together in bowl with fork until well combined. Avoid using a mixer if possible, over beating the filling will cause the top to rise and crack after baking. Bake at 300 degrees for 45 minutes. Cover edges with foil if they get too brown. Let sit for 10-15 or as long as you possibly can resist. Top with ice cream and enjoy!

Print Friendly and PDF

5 comments:

  1. sounds delicious!!! I am so glad to see a post from you...I hope there are many more to come!! p.s. I love me some sweets!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I'm gonna try it! Thanks for leading me to your blog! Were you hiding this from me before?? It's wonderful!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the first time I have actually posted anything so I don't really call it my own =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay everyone is participating now!! Hi Des!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this was easy to make and super yummy !!

    ReplyDelete