Search this blog

Translate

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Lamb Curry

I wanted to share the rest of my NYE dinner. This was my lamb curry with Indian Lentils, makeshift Cheese Naan, and Basmati rice.. but I have to admit that I TOTALLY CHEATED!! I used a ready made Lamb Curry paste, but MADE IN INDIA and totally delicious!
Ingredients:
1 box paste for Lamb Curry you get from Cost Plus World Market, and when they run out or discontinue this product, you can order it online directly. I think I saw some on amazon.com
1 handful of cauliflower
2 cups water
1 lb lamb cut into pieces
Directions:
1. In a sautee pan, mix the paste, the lamb, and the water on medium heat.
2. After about 15 minutes, add the cauliflower and let simmer for 15-20 more minutes.
or
you can throw the lamb, paste, and water in the crockpot... it will come out tender if you're using cheap or previously frozen meat.

Garnish with cilantro and lemon... mmmmm I'm drooling again
For the makeshift Cheese Naan, I found some pitas that I stuffed with Laughing Cow cheese and popped into the oven for a few minutes.

It's not as good as real cheese naan, but I just didn't have enough time or patience to do that.. I have done it before, though. Also, I'd like to add that you can find decent mass produced Naan at Walmart.. or at least I used to be able to in Florida.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment