Search this blog

Translate

Monday, January 4, 2010

Tandoori Chicken


Tandoori chicken is an all time Indian favorite. I finally found a recipe that didn't require a Tandoor, and it served as one of my appetizers for my New Year's Eve dinner... it was delicious! If you want to see a step by step video of how to make this, check out Sanjay's Youtube post. The other items in the photo are Samosas with Green Chutney...mmmmm


Ingredients
6 chicken legs
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1 tsp Cumin Seed Powder
1 tsp garam masala pdr
1 piece Ginger garlic paste
1 Lemon's Juice
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp Peppercorns pdr
1 tsp Red Chili Powder
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp turmeric
6 tbsp Yogurt
Directions:
1. Clean and Cut 2 or 3 long slits on each piece. Apply salt, chili pdr and lime juice all over the chicken and keep aside for 15 minutes.
2. Make marinade with coriander pdr, cumin pdr, red chili pdr, turmeric, garam masala pdr to a smooth paste. Add 1/2 tsp salt to the paste and mix well with yogurt.
3. apply it all over the chicken, making sure to apply well between all the slits and inside. Marinate for a few hours.. I left mine overnight.

4. Preheat your oven to 425 degree Fahrenheit. Lay your marinated chicken in a baking dish on a bed of carrots and onions or whatever else you can find. Its so the juices drip down and it will feel like your chicken was cooked in a tandoor. Cook for 20 to 35 minutes till the chicken is tender. Remove from oven.
5. Remove from oven and serve hot, garnished with sliced onions and lime wedges. I made mine ahead of time and heated them on a griddle when we were ready to eat, and it turned out excellent!
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Pupuce, this all sounds so good that I think I need you to come back home and spend the rest of your life cooking for Jorge and me...
    Maman
    PS: yes, I know, I can just do it myself too by following your recipes.
    Congratulations to all the members of this blog!

    ReplyDelete