Search this blog

Translate

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Goat Cheese and Tomato Quiche

This is my first quiche, and it came out really good. Usually, Eric handles the quiche. I started eating before I remembered to take a picture, but it was seriously good. Plus, if you make this in the US, your guests will think you are so refined because you know how to make quiche. Here, I got, "you've never made quiche before? wierd." Anyway, its easy, tasty, and you can invent your own!
Ingredients:
1 pie crust in dough form
1 log of goat cheese, sliced
2 tomatoes, sliced
2 eggs
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tsp mustard
1 small handful chopped cilantro
dash of salt/pepper
Directions:
1. In a pie tin (ok I didn't have one, so I did it in my lasagna dish) place the dough and attack it a little with a fork. Pop it in the oven for 5 minutes on 380F.
2. Take your pie "crust dough" out of the oven and spread some mustard along the bottom.
3. Lay your tomato and goat cheese slices in some sort of order.
4. In a mixing bowl, whip your eggs and cream, and add your cilantro and dash of salt and pepper.
5. Pour the mixture into your doughy crust and pop into the oven for 20 minutes or so or until it starts to look golden.

Pat yourself on the back, you made QUICHE!
For the record, cilantro was my addition. French are generally unaware of the goodness of cilantro, and how well it mixes with tomato and cheese!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment