Search this blog

Translate

Monday, June 7, 2010

Creamy Duck Legs

Duck is delicious! It really doesn't taste anything like chicken or turkey. When it's raw, it looks like a red meat. We've been trying to eat different things every once in a while, and these really inspired me.. especially because I'd never made duck before! There is a lot of meat on duck legs.. we didn't finish them, so you can cut the meat off when they're cooked and easily serve 3 or 4 people instead of just 2 gluttons like us.
Ingredients:
2 duck legs, skinned
2 tbsp grapeseed oil or EVOO
1 small onion, chopped
2 chopped cloves garlic
1 tsp fresh rosemary
1 cup dry white wine
1 cup chicken broth
1 handful mushrooms
2 tbsp heavy cream
fresh ground pepper
Directions:
1. Brown the legs in the oil on both sides a few minutes. Remove the legs and then do the same with the rosemary, onions and garlic.
2. Add the mushrooms and brown a little, then put the legs back in.
3. Add the wine and broth. I used a pressure cooker, so I cooked it for 20 minutes. If you don't have one, cover and simmer for 45 minutes to an hour. The meat should easily come off the bone. I guess you could transfer to a crockpot as well.
4. Reduce de sauce a little (uncover) and add your cream and fresh ground pepper to taste. I think I sprinkled some fresh parsley in there, too.

Serve with a nice salad and some home fries.. or white rice.. or pasta...or mashed potatoes... mmmm!

This completely blew my mind. I will now regularly buy duck.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment