Search this blog

Translate

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Fresh Pumpkin Pie

My MIL gave me one of the pumpkins from her garden, and although I know the french are not into cinammon and spice, I wanted to try pumpkin pie on them again... I tried it a few years ago (without a blender) and nobody liked it except for me. Well, this round went very differently!
Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups cooked fresh pumpkin
2 eggs
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup brown sugar (I used cassonnade)
1 1/4 tsp ground cinammon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger
1 uncooked pie crust
Directions:
To cook fresh pumpkin, chop in large pieces (or roast it whole) and put in an oven safe dish with 2 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp water, cover with foil, and cook for 20 minutes at 400°F or until tender. Drain water and blend.
1. Heat uncooked pie crust for 10 minutes in the oven at 350°F, but attack it with a fork first.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whip the eggs, spices, and cream.
3. Pour the pumpkin purée into the mixing and whip.
4. Pour the mixture into the crust and bake for 10 minutes at 425°F, then reduce to 350°F for 30-40 minutes or until you knife comes out clean when you poke it.

Yum.. and I'm STILL not sick of using pumpkin in like every recipe... pumpkin soup should be coming soon, and all this out of the SAME pumpkin!!
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. YUM!!!! I LOVE pumpkin! Pumpkin Chocolate chip cookies are my fave to make ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to go pumpkin crazy and give this a try!!

    ReplyDelete