Search this blog

Translate

Friday, October 8, 2010

Velvety Pumpkin Soup

I finally made a good pumpkin soup! I tried this jamaican recipe a few weeks ago and it was just funky. This being said, this may be my last soup recipe for a while because Eric HATES eating meals with a spoon (even though I love it)
Ingredients:
1/2 pumpkin (or whole butternut squash)
2 onions, chopped
2-4 potatoes, peeled and chopped
3 cups chicken broth
1 whole head of garlic, peeled and chopped
1 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup heavy cream
salt/pepper
parmesan to garnish
Directions:
1. Place everything but the heavy cream in the crock pot.
2. Blend
3. Stir in heavy cream before serving.

Velvety goodness! Since Eric now refuses to eat soup, I brought some to work and it was very much enjoyed there too!
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment: