Search this blog

Translate

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Seafood Linguine

I'm so not over seafood... and I'm so not over pasta either, so I love it when they get together and party with veggies and cream!
Serves 6
Ingredients:
1 box linguine (500g)
1 cup frozen baby shrimp
1 cup frozen mussels
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 zucchini finely sliced
1 tomato, chopped
few shakes chili powder
drizzle fish sauce (wth?)
some EVOO
1/4 cup dry white wine
handful fresh parsley, chopped
1 cup (or more?) heavy cream
1/4 cup reserved pasta water
salt/pepper
garnish:
red pepper flakes
parmesan/swiss
fresh ground pepper
Directions:
1. Start boiling salted water for your pasta.
2. In a frying pan, cook the garlic in some EVOO 2 minutes and then add the zucchini until the color just starts to change. Add the seafood until they defrost and heat through.
3. Add some pepper, chili powder and fish sauce, stir, and pour in the white wine. Let simmer on low for 5 minutes.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes and half the chopped parsley. Keep on low and cover until your pasta is done cooking. Don't forget to reserve some of the cooking water before draining when they're done.
5. In a large dish, toss the seafood mixture with the pasta and some cream. Pour in some of the reserved pasta water little at a time adding more cream until the sauce is the desired consistency.

Serve with fresh parsley, ground black pepper, red pepper flakes, parmesan and/or swiss...
and then go back for seconds
and then think about it the next day!

I guess I could have added some bell peppers, but I didn't have any. This is very good. I don't know when I started adding fish sauce to my seafood pasta, but I think its a nice touch.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment