Search this blog

Translate

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Chili Ginger Stir Fry

I'm completely inspired by Chinese and Vietnamese food these days. I NEED to eat things that explode with flavor and that is not your everyday meal, especially since I've been hosting a lot, and people here now expect to eat dishes that are outside the box at my place.
This is my latest creation, completely inspired by what I had on hand and the flavors I was looking to find in my very hungry belly. I have to admit this is the recipe I'm most proud of so far.. mostly because I didn't steal it from anywhere, and it came out perfect!
serves 4
Ingredients:
1 1/2 lb chunk of pork, sliced thinly (I found the cheapest cut.. pieces of pork shoulder that I sliced myself)
2 tbsp soy sauce (or GF alternative)
1 tsp fish sauce
1/2 inch piece of ginger
2 tbsp sweet chili sauce
1 tsp red chili paste (if you want some kick)
2 tbsp cilantro leaves
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 package Chinese egg noodles (or whatever you want, rice noodles would work too, but I like egg noodles better)
1 zucchini, sliced thinly lengthwise
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 onion, sliced
4-5 mushrooms, quartered
1 egg, scrambled
whatever else you feel like adding

Directions:
1. In a heavy based frying pan (or a wok if you have one), heat the oil and cook the meat, adding 1 tbsp soy sauce, the fish sauce, chili paste, and sweet chili sauce. Grate the piece of ginger over the pan and stir, cooking through. Add the mushrooms and cilantro, deglaze with the water and let simmer
2. Follow the instructions on the noodle package to cook the noodles, meanwhile..
3. In another heavy based frying pan, sautee the rest of the vegetables in a little bit of vegetable oil. You want the veggies to be a little crunchy. When the noodles are done, drain and transfer to the veggie pan with 1 tbsp soy sauce. Add the cooked egg and Stir-and-fry.

Eat with chopsticks!
Eric was blown away.. he said it I absolutely had to serve it to company!

*do not use egg noodles if GF
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment