Search this blog

Translate

Monday, February 7, 2011

Chipotle Pork with Mexirice

Ok, I've been craving REAL spicy mexican food (which by the way, you can NOT find here) and so when my dad was here in august, I told him to bring be a can of chipotle chiles in adobo sauce just in case I had one of those "can't get over it until I get my fix" cravings.
No, I'm not pregnant.
Ingredients:
1 lb pork shoulder, cut into cubes
3 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce (I used 1/5 of a 12 oz can)
2 tomatoes, diced
1 bell bepper, sliced
1 onion, sliced
1/2 cup beer (eh, why not?)
1 tsp cumin
2 tbsp EVOO
Juice from 1 lemon
1 cup basmati rice
1 cube chicken stock (consommé)
1 tbsp tomato sauce (I used a tube, but you can blend some tomatoes with onion and garlic)
approx 2 cups water
Directions:
1. Sprinkle the cumin all over the meat and fry in a dutch oven or pressure cooker with EVOO until golden.
2. Add the onions, tomatoes, lemon juice, and adobo/chipotle sauce and the beer. Close the pressure cooker and cook for 10 minutes or simmer for 30 minutes if using a regular pot.
3. When meat is cooked, add the bell peppers and simmer until tender.
For Mexirice:
1. Heat some EVOO in a pan and toast the dry rice until opaque. Add a few thin slices of onion and the tomato sauce with the chicken bouillon cube and a small amount of water.
2. Lower the heat and cover until the liquid has absorbed and add 1/2 more of the water etc. until the rice is fully cooked. I'm sorry but I didn't time it or measure it out, but I did use less than 2 cups water.

Serve with shredded cheese and lots of sour cream (cuz it's seriously spicy). I was out of beans but some black beans and tortillas would be awesome with this.
I got my fix!!
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment: