Search this blog

Translate

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Stuffed Puffs

I make my own appetizers/hors d'oeuvres!! I also have a schnazzy new oven that made these turn out perfectly compared to my old oven. There aren't really any rules to making these, but I like to put 2 ingredients with one of those ingredients being a type of cheese.
Ingredients:
1 uncooked round pastry puff (makes 14)
1 beaten egg yolk
here are some combinations I have done...
ham/cheddar*
roasted bell/boursin*
roasted eggplant/mozzarella
mushroom/cheddar
broccoli/goat cheese
roasted zucchini/swiss
asparagus tips/cheddar
* my alltime favorite combos
Directions:
1. Unroll your pastry puff. Cut in half.
2. Place a small amount of your combo in a corner.
Cut a slice out of your dough, and roll from the outside in.
1 dough should make around 14-16 mini puffs.
When we are over 4 I like to bust out 2 doughs for a very fun game of guess what's in it?
3. Place on your oven tray and brush each mini puff with the egg yolk mixture.
4. Pop in the oven at 400°F for around 10 minutes.. check depending on your oven.

I make these all the time now.. it's fun and a crowd pleaser!
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment: