Search this blog

Translate

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Fried Zucchini

This didn't quite work out the way I wanted it to. I got a brand new deep fryer as a going away to a different city present from my work and now I just want to deep fry everything! The original recipe called for panko breadcrumbs, which I didn't have, so I mashed up some pizza crackers in my mortar and pestle... but it gooped instead of being evenly breaded..wtf. It was very good though! An alternative to fries that I really enjoyed along with my filet mignon.
Serves 2 as a side dish
Ingredients:

2 zucchinis, cut into fries and patted dry
1 egg, beaten
some panko bread crumbs (please use these)
a deep fryer...or... a frying pan with olive oil
Directions:
1. Dip your zucchini in the egg mixture, then in the panko mixture. Set to dry on a baking sheet. Please do this because if you just throw all your goopy eggy zucchini pieces into the panko mixture and shake, chances are the egg will make the panko stick to itself instead of your zucchini and make you extremely irritated and ready to throw everything into your hub's face even if he has nothing to do with this issue.
2. Fry in batches until golden. I didn't time and I've been drinking too much champagne to correctly remember. Must have been around 5 minutes in the deep fryer, maybe 10 in a frying pan. Stay nearby. Sorry, I suck with timing instructions.

This was awesome, but it will be better when I actually do it right!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment