Search this blog

Translate

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Shrimp Quesadillas

I know making a quesadilla is pretty standard, but for me - here in France- it's a real treat. I had 1 for lunch and it filled me up. Mexicans! More of you need to move to France!
Ingredients:
1 XL burrito size flour tortilla
3 large shrimp, cooked and peeled and chopped
1 generous handful of shredded swiss cheese
1 green onion, chopped
sour cream
REAL Mexican Salsa (I jumped up and down when I found this at Auchan)
squeeze from a small lemon wedge
Directions:
1. Heat a pan on high heat and heat your tortilla on one side only until it is of desired color.
2. Take the tortilla off heat and put on a plate, hot side up.
3. Spread the cheese and shrimp along 1/2 of the tortilla. Squeeze the lemon wedge over this. Add some of the green onions, 1 tbsp sour cream, and as much salsa as you like.
4. Fold the tortilla in half and put back into the pan. Heat evenly, flipping, until the cheese is melty.
Serve with sour cream and salsa. If I had cilantro and/or avocados, I would have added guacamole.
This made me happy, indeed. It made Eric very happy as well.
That brand makes a bunch of different salsas and they are ALL good! It is the most authentic salsa I've ever had in a bottle.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment