Search this blog

Translate

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Veggie Minestrone.. Remix!

Can't get enough of this soup. I don't know how I managed to make it exactly for 2. That never happens.
I made it all veggie (except for the broth) and added these fun noodles, Ditali Rigati. They are perfect for soups.
Here's my ingredient list this time around:
3 Tbsp EVOO
1 Onion, chopped
1 Zucchini, cubed
1 Yellow Bell, cubed
3 cloves garlic, grated
1 cube frozen spinach
1 Tbsp spaghetti sauce
1 Tbsp basalmic vinegar
1 tsp dried oregano
1 bouillon cube of beef broth (or veggie if you're going all out)
1 good handful of Ditali Rigati pasta (or whatever you're into)
5 cups water
toppings:
shredded swiss
grated parmesan
fresh chopped basil
fresh ground pepper
red pepper flakes

I think I'm going to be using basalmic vinegar more in my cooking. It gives everything a little kick.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment