Search this blog

Translate

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Chicken Tortilla Soup

I'm almost happy the weather has cooled down so I can justify making soup! I stole this Tortilla Soup from Jess and I think I just fell in love. I didn't offer any to Eric because every time I make something you must eat with a spoon, he starts complaining. When I poured myself a bowl of this, I saw him jealously looking over from his plate of fries, so I gave him a bite. To my happiness, he said: Why don't I get to eat that?
HA!
I used dry black beans instead of canned. Nein on the hominy (not sure I've ever seen that in France.) I didn't have any chilies, but I put in 2 Tbsp La Costeña Arriera salsa. Next time, I will add avocado as well.
My toppings were:
Cilantro
Shredded Cabbage
Tortilla strips (home made)
Green Onions
Cheddar + Swiss=Bliss

* this is fight food if you remove the cheese
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment: