Search this blog

Translate

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Orange Cilantro Tilapia en Papillote

I know I've done this type of thing on the BBQ in the states with potatoes or other vegetables, but I can't figure out how to say "en papillote" in English.. please forgive.  It is the process of cooking something wrapped in foil or banana leaves.. or just wrapped while cooking.
Anyway, I was inspired by my leftover orange today and decided to place my last Tilapia filet in some foil with some other loveliness.  The result was more than satisfying.  It was actually an explosion of happiness in my mouth.
Ingredients (serves 1 but make lots!)
1 filet Tilapia (frozen or fresh)
1/2 zucchini, sliced very thinly or julienned
1 tsp freshly grated ginger
2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
1/2 tsp chili powder
juice from 1/2 large orange
4 wedges of this orange
sprinkle of pepper
some chopped thai chili (unless you can't handle this heat)
Directions:
1.  Place everything neatly on the bottom of some foil or other wrapping material.
2.  Close the foil and put into 350°F (180°C) oven for 10-15 minutes depending on if the fish was frozen or fresh when starting.
Then be like.. whaaaat? I thought about this all by myself?  No.. THE Stef did.
 It would do well over basmati rice, but unable to handle the suspense, I just dug in as is.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment