Search this blog

Translate

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Saffron Chicken with Pesto

Basil is one of those things in life that makes me tick.  It has a kick like no other herb and explodes with flavor, especially when it's fresh.  My neighbor brought me a pot of basil as a gift... that's almost like Bob Marley picking up girls with mangos.  It works like magic.
Serves 4
Ingredients:
For Pesto:
1 large bunch fresh basil
4 cloves garlic
1/4 cup (or so?) EVOO
large handful grated parmesan
salt/pepper
For chicken:
4 filets of chicken
some extra special saffron spices
1/2 cube chicken stock
a little EVOO for cooking
+
400g Linguine
Directions:
1.  Start up a big pot of salted water for the pasta.  Meanwhile, blend all the pesto ingredients together. 
2.  While the pasta is cooking, in a frying pan, heat some EVOO and lay the chicken filets so that they color on each side.  Sprinkle with the saffron spice mix.  I added some broccoli too.
3.  Add the half cube chicken stock and water to cover the chicken 3/4 the way and simmer on low until the pasta is done.
4.  When the pasta is al dente, drain and toss with the pesto.  If it is too dry, add some of the liquid the chicken is cooking in.

The saffron and pesto go well together.  I wasn't too sure about that during the creation phase, but it correctly functionned as a heart stopper.
I should therefore take a break from basil for a small while..I used up the whole pot so I'd be nibbling on stems anyway.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment