Search this blog

Translate

Friday, August 31, 2012

Spinach Artichoke Parmesan Chicken Linguine

Good times in my kitchen, plate, and mouth....as usual. 
I was initially going for tomato-based pasta, but the dinner gods must have had other plans for me tonight.
Ingredients:
400g (just under 1 lb) Linguine cooked Al Dente in salted water
1 jar artichoke hearts, drained and squeezed
2 chicken breasts, cubed
2 cubes frozen spinach (I would have used fresh if I had it)
1 pinch saffron
1 onion, chopped
1 Tbsp rosemary (I would have used fresh basil if I had it)
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 Tbsp EVOO
juice from 1/2 lemon
1 large handful graded parmesan
1 small handful shredded swiss
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 egg yolk
Fresh ground pepper
red pepper flakes
1 cup reserved pasta water
Directions:
1.  In the EVOO, grill the artichoke hearts with some of the minced garlic.  Remove and reserve.
2.  In the juicy goodness left in the pan, sweat the onions and add the frozen spinach, chicken and lemon juice.  If it gets too dry, add a little bit of water.
3.  Add the rosemary, garlic and saffron and stir until chicken is cooked through.
4.  When pasta is al dente, reserve some of the cooking water and set aside.  Toss the pasta wih the cream and egg yolk.  Add the chicken mixture and cheese.  Add the pasta water for desired creaminess.

Serve sprinkled with fresh ground pepper and hot pepper flakes (or a thai chili).

Nothing makes my little artichoke heart grow plump and full of warmth like the addition of a nice red thai chili...well, almost nothing.
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment: