Search this blog

Translate

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Balsaamic Basil Quinoa

I popped my Quinoa cherry.  
I was warned by some that it was "too" healthy to be any good, and by others that it would be a pleasant discovery.
I vote for the pleasant side.  It felt naturally smooth and earthy, yet filling and satisfying.  I customized it to suit my instant insane gangsta desires.
Serves 1.5 (wtf?)
Ingredients:
1/2 cup quinoa
1 cup water
1 tomato, chopped
1 yellow bell, chopped
1/2 bunch basil
3 large cloves garlic
1slice of turkey, chopped
2 tbsp balsaamic vinegar
some EVOO + more EVOO
fresh ground pepper
a little salt
red pepper flakes
grated parmesan
Directions:
1.  Rinse quinoa and pour into the 1 cup boiling water.  Lower heat and cook until all the water is absorbed.
2.  While waiting, sautée the bell and tomatoes in some EVOO, then add a drizzle of the something tangy spicy.
3.  While the sautéeing is happening, blend the basil, garlic, basalmic, and some more EVOO together.
4.  When quinoa is done, transfer to the sautée pan and add the blended mixture.  Heat through, then serve topped with ground hot flakes and parmesan.

This was very good.  Interesting texture, and very little leaves you full (hence the 1.5 servings - I was planning on only 1 serving).
Although this is all new to me, it felt so natural to grind the little quinoa seeds in my teeth and feel the beads slip on my tongue.  Quite an experience.  I will definately do this more often.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment