Search this blog

Translate

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Creamy Salmon Linguine

The lower temperatures creeping up on us is making me crave creaminess.  I'm not sure I'm really craving creaminess, but I'm hoping to fill the void I'm feeling with creaminess.
I found this was a perfect way to use up the rest of my cream cheese from the Artichoke Dip.
Serves 5-6
Ingredients:
1 lb dry Linguine
250g salmon, cubed
1 Zucchini, chopped
2 cloves garlic, grated
2 Tbsp cream cheese
1 Tbsp dried basil
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1 pinch saffron
some EVOO
1/2 cup reserved pasta water
salt/fresh ground pepper
Directions:
1.  Cook linguine in boiling salted water.
2.  Sweat the zucchini in some EVOO until tender.  Add garlic, saffron, some salt/pepper, turn heat on low and melt the cream cheese in, stirring.  Liquefy with the heavy cream.
3.  When pasta is al dente, save some of the cooking water before draining.
4.  Toss pasta with zucchini mixture.  Add the salmon and some of the pasta water until sauce is of desired creaminess.

Serve topped with parmesan and (of course) red pepper flakes

I wasn't very hungry today, but I've decided that hunger is NOT a prerequisite for this dish.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment