Search this blog

Translate

Friday, October 19, 2012

Rotisserie Chicken Sandwiches

I do NOT live in sandwich country.. unless you consider a slice of ham in a buttered halved baguette a sandwich.  This is not sandwich country to the point of having cooking shows making a GOOD sandwich one of their challenges.  I like Masterchef, but Really?  A fricken sandwich as a challenge?  As an American (sandwich country) living in France (gastronomer land) I feel outraged that such a thing is going on.  I stand strongly by this remark:  if you own a regularly stocked fridge and know where to find good bread, you can make an extravagant sandwich.
This being said, I had leftover rotisserie chicken and excellent whole wheat bread I need to use up (and no guests tonight.. on Friday night wtf?).

Here's how it went down in the G house tonight:
Meat:  finger pulled rotisserie chicken
Veg: shredded cabbage, tomatoes, avocado
Cheese:  Parmesan
Seasoning:  Fresh ground pepper
Spread:  one side mustard, the other side mayonaise
Bread:  O my goodness whole wheat 'pain de campagne'

No regrets.

I would like to add that the first part of this cooking show completely knocked my socks off with the "getting high off tomatoes" bit.  It reached deep into my happy place with the description of the different races (not species) of tomatoes.  The Chef Patel agreed with me on this point.  Here's how the rest of the conversation went:
Me:  So it must feel nice to finally have your braces off.  You need to send me a picture.
Papa:  No need, Nini.  Just look in the mirror.
I loved this talk.  Just what I needed after such a day of discovery...
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment