Search this blog

Translate

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Yellow Curry Fish Soup

After being away from a kitchen for 3 days, the first thing I did getting home was peel and chop carrots.  The relief and relaxation of being in front of my own stove was a perfect way to welcome myself home.  I innovated so this looks quite like this other yellow curry with fish, but still different.
It hit the spot... I Just Can't Help Believin.
Ingredients:
2 filets white fish, cubed
1 Tbsp yellow curry paste
1 handful cauliflower florets
3 carrots, peeled and diced
handful chopped celery
1 cube frozen spinach
chopped fennel stems
juice from 1/2 lemon
1 chopped onion
1 large clove garlic, grated
fresh ground pepper
 2 Tbsp heavy cream
1/2 cup mixed multipass grains
1 handful frozen peas
water
some EVOO
Directions:
1.  Sweat the onions in the EVOO, then add the carrots.  Stir and cook a bit, then add the celery, fennel, and cauliflower.
2.  When it all starts to stick, add the spinach, cauliflower, curry paste and lemon juice.  Add water to level, bring to a boil, then simmer approx 15 minutes or so.
3.  Add the garlic, then taste and adjust seasoning if needed.  Add the mixed grains and simmer another 5 minutes.
4.  Add the peas and fish and cook until done, about 5 minutes.
5.  Stir in the cream, add some fresh ground pepper, and be happy.

The shrimp in the photo was part of my happy hour.  He asked me if he could go for a swim and since I'm lenient, I said yes.
  It's not quite Thai, let's call it fusion.

*omit the cream and this is fight food.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment