Search this blog

Translate

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Phõ Bo

I'm getting Pho-nky again...must be part of my ginger binge of the moment.
This time I'm trying to be authentic as possible using Banh Pho Thuang Hang (Chantaboon Thai rice noodles).
My Nuac Nam is made of nothing else but anchovy, salt, sugar and water.
I used a whole cinnamon stick in the broth instead of ground and added a bit of freshly ground cloves.
Also, 2 dried red chilis are floating around instead of store bought chili paste.
I still couldn't find any thai basil, but my decorations will be:
mung bean sprouts
lemon juice
chopped cilantro
chopped green onions
chopped thai chili
All this goodness is bubbling in the crockpot, waiting to obtain a happy Chinese New Year.

And here it is with all the fixins
The noodles do make a big difference.  I will from now on stay true...
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment