Search this blog

Translate

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Magic Green Chutney

Heaven must be filled with this type of chutney.  I borrowed it from ShowMetheCurry again, and used it as a marinade to grill some chicken, but it is definately papadam-samosa chutney worthy.  For a number of years now I've been looking for a good green chutney recipe, and this is the one that stole my heart.  I'm going to keep it as a regular freezer item I can take out whenever I feel the urge.  I'm going to be feeling the urge over and over and over....OOOooooooh!!
Ingredients:
5 green onions
1 slit green chili (or more if you want to be spanked)
1 bunch cilantro
5 large garlic cloves, peeled
1 tsp whole black pepper
1 tsp red chili flakes
1 Tbsp canola oil
1 Tbsp lime juice
1 tsp salt
2 tsp oregano
Directions:
Blend all ingredients together.

Use as a dip or as a marinade for chicken, cauliflower, other veggies I'm not thinking of, fish, lamb.. whatever tickles your fancy.
Life just got incredibly fancy in my mouth.
It was like a tenderizer and an infusion of flavor.  I only used 1/2 green chili, but I will definately use a whole one next time.. to guarantee a good cheek-slap.  I added a bit of yogurt once the chicken was half cooked, and I don't really have a valid or authentic reason for doing that, but it turned out to be one of those things I will probably always do from now on.
 I've taken my own advice and started marinating some fish filets and some broccoli and cauliflower florets.
 I can't cut myself off.  It's a part of me now.

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment