Search this blog

Translate

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Tahini Mint Cookies

I don't know if this combination exists in real life, but I decided to totally freestyle these cookies.  I tried to make them healthier by replacing butter with yogurt + olive oil, and replacing most of the sugar with honey.  The mint...well, I had a bunch I needed to use and until I have someone who would enjoy transforming it into tea with me, it's going into all my freestyle dishes.
Ingredients:
240g whole wheat flour
120g ground almonds
100g plain yogurt
30g EVOO
100g honey
50g cane sugar
Pinch of salt
200g tahini
1large handful fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
Directions:
1.  Sift the flour and salt together.  Add the ground almonds.
2. In another large mixing bowl, mix the yogurt, olive oil, honey, and sugar together until homogenous, then add the tahini and mint and do the same.
3.  Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, a little at a time until well incorporated.  The mixture was "wetter" than it would have been with butter and sugar.  This somewhat worried me, so I put it in the fridge .
4.  When ready to roll, preheat the oven to 175°C or 350°F.  Make tablespoon sized balls of dough, roll them between the palms of your hands, and flatten them onto a baking sheet.  I sprinkled some sesame seeds on the top to make them pretty.
5.  Bake for 18-20 minutes.  You want them to be golden.  Quickly tranfer to a wire rack to let cool.

Now, will somebody pour me some authentic mint tea so I can enjoy these the way I had planned?
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment