Search this blog

Translate

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Spice Hunting

There is nothing like a shopping spree to cheer a girl up.
You'd better not take me to the mall, though!

Ooo look at that sneaky little spy on the right hand side of the photo... That,  is the being on this earth that takes up the most space in my heart..and my bed.

I'm digressing.

I'm starting to run out of some key ingredients I brought back from India, and in parallel have not yet aquired all the necessary ingredients for my Burmese adventures.
Today I found things that brought a true smile to my face.
Coconut oil, kasoori methi (dried fenugreek leaves), small chickpeas, dosa mix, dried galangal, dried shrimp, toasted rice powder, szechuan pepper, garam masala....oooh!
I also learned that what I thought were curry leaves I brought back from India were actually just large bay leaves.  How could I have possibly made that mistake?
That's ok though, I rectified.  It might not completely fill the void I'm feeling these days, but it is enough to keep my mind busy with culinary matters.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment