Search this blog

Translate

Monday, August 5, 2013

Miso Butter

Miso happy miso hungry miso h...
Hehe
There is something about miso that is comforting and almost addictive.  I know I'll eat miso soup even when it's 100° outside just because I crave that sublty salty earthy umami flavor which knows no season nor temperature.  So then I bought miso paste and used it once...and then had no idea what to do with it because apparently, miso soup is NOT just miso paste and water with floating goodies and seaweed.  It's not even vegetarian, contrary to what I had always thought.  If you want to make it homemade, you'd better have a lot of time and also a Japanese market near you for all those other ingredients you've never heard of...unless you're Japanese..or more culturally aware than I am.
So when I discovered you can mix butter and miso paste together and cook meat and vegetables in it, a whole new path with several doors appeared in front of me!  Today I'm opening 2 and trying it on chicken breast for grilling, and veggies with soba noodles for tossing.
Ingredients:
2 tbsp softened butter
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp brown miso paste
1 tbsp rice vinegar
2 garlic cloves
1 inch piece ginger
1 tbsp black sesame seeds
Directions:
1.  Blend everything but the sesame together until smooth.
2.  Stir in the sesame
3.  Use as marinade or for stir frying veggies or tossing soba noodles or all of the above.
The meat method was a big hit!  So much flavor!!!!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment