Search this blog

Translate

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Watermelon Basil Feta Salad

Watermelon reminds me of home...
I have distant memories of eating watermelon poolside or even submerged during the hot summer desert days I'd spend with my partner in crime, Jess.
So now I'm making it sexier than a poolside child's snack and serving it with feta.  Feta is one of those toppings that makes things tangy, and fresh basil makes things sophisticated.  I like playing around with flavors and I think this one is a big hit.  I didn't really measure the ingredients..they just fusionned together before my eyes, but I'll try to make it reproductable.  Is that a word?
Ingredients:
2 cups chopped watermelon
2 Tbsp diced red onion
Handful crumbled feta
2 tbsp chopped basil
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp basalmic vinegar
Handful halved cherry tomatoes
Some fresh cracked pepper
Drizzle chili oil

Mmmm refreshing
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment