Search this blog

Translate

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Butternut Squash Ravioli

During my stay in Quebec, I came in contact with a wonderful family who showed me the real handcrafted culture of Quebec; maple syrup, maple butter, maple sugar...maple anything... but also excellent vegetables.  The soil near Trois Rivières is sandy, which, when correctly worked, can yield wonderful produce.  I would never have guessed.  Before landing, I had always imagined most of Canada in November as a huge glacier where nothing worth talking about would grow.  I don't know if it's a stereotype or just my imagination, but I was very pleasantly surprised to discover otherwise.
2 lbs of deliciously organic butternut squash and 6 cloves peeled garlic, tossed with olive oil and sage, roasted 50 minutes @ 200°C
blended with a handful ground roasted pumpkin seeds, sage, and 1 cup parmesan as a filling
then delicately folded into 44 hand made ravioli..
cooked for 4 minutes, then tossed with a drizzle of browned butter sage, spinach and garlic

Is there a better definition of love out there?
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment