Search this blog

Translate

Monday, December 30, 2013

Cavatappi with Kale Pesto and Fennel

I thought it would be greener, but don't be fooled.  This pasta is drenched in vitablasting kale.
I improvised as a way to use up the rest of the pesto from the pizza, and after rummaging through the fridge, I saw the fennel that was calling out to me
"Eat me please!"
It just so happens that the two go wonderfully together and since its so healthy, I'll be using the combo over other things in the future.
Serves 4
Ingredients
Kale Pesto:
1/2 bunch washed raw kale
4 cloves peeled garlic
1 handful parmesan
handful roasted pumpkin seeds (or pine nuts if you have them)
1/4 cup (I admit I didn't measure) EVOO
dollop of heavy cream
lots of freshly cracked pepper
Blend it
Pasta:
3/4lb cavatappi cooked al dente
4-5 Tbsp kale pesto
1 chopped tomato
some red pepper flakes
1 small fennel bulb, sliced
1 Tbsp EVOO
Reserved pasta cooking water
Directions
1.  Sautée the fennel slices in some EVOO for about 5 minutes, then add the tomatoes and cook until slightly mushy.
2.  Add the pesto and heat through.
3.  Toss with the al dente pasta.  Add some cooking water to make it more saucy or creamy.

Serve with some red pepper flakes to make it extra delicious!!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment