Search this blog

Translate

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Grilled Veggie and Chicken Rillettes Pizza

For me pizza has a minimum of 3 basic toppings:
roasted tomatoes
mozzarella

The rest is all freestyle and I very rarely make the same pizza twice... it all depends on what I have on hand.
Tonight's pizza had a trio of grilled veggies.. eggplant, zucchini, and artichokes, all grilled on the griddle pan.
I had a bit of rotisserie chicken rillettes left and decided to make little blobs of it on the pizza.  Those rillettes are really the best.  They are 100% chicken (most rillettes have pork lard although labeled duck or goose).

It was all lovely and perfect, but I still can't get over my crust.  It is my 2nd time using fresh yeast instead of dry and it really makes a world of difference.  The taste and texture is just perfect.  The crust was crunchy and chewy all at once with a nice fluff.
Pizza perfection has been obtained!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment