Search this blog

Translate

Friday, May 30, 2014

Eggs in the Bamboo Steamer

There is a well known Chinese dish called steamed eggs where they are beaten with a custardy end result.
This post is not about that.
This post is about how I will never boil an egg again in my life.  The steaming method is much easier, more economic, and yields a perfect result with an easy to remove peel, thus a pretty egg.
Why oh why have I never done this before?
Steam on high for 8 minutes to get an almost hard egg with a slightly runny center (perfection by my standard).
To hard boil a medium egg with a solid yolk, 11 minutes.  An extra large egg, 13 minutes.
To soft boil a medium egg, 6 minutes.  An extra large egg, 8 minutes.
No mess!

I used this method (and did not photograph because, well, we all know what a whole peeled egg looks like) and then sliced the eggs to use in a sandwich with feta and red onions.
mmmm
This has motivated me to test some Deviled Eggs, especially since I just stocked up on some farm fresh young hen eggs from the market!!!!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment