Search this blog

Translate

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Black Vinegar and Garlic Dipping Sauce

After what felt to me like an eternity of abstinence, I regained my place as an artist in my workplace tonight.
I have to admit to having taken the shortcut route since I made the turkey and shiitake potstickers during the holidays and froze them for a day like today, but I was able to innovate with the dipping sauce.
Yield 3/4 cup
Ingredients
1 1/2 Tbsp light soy sauce
1 Tbsp sesame oil
1 Tbsp black vinegar
1 tsp ShaoXing wine
2 tsp grated garlic
1 tsp grated ginger
2 Tbsp chopped scallions
1 Thai chile, chopped
1 tsp white sesame seeds

Stir all the ingredients together and use as a glaze on some garlic steamed baby bok choy or as a dipping sauce for jiaozi.
That extra punch of garlic, ginger, and Thai chile is a perfect remedy for any "under-the-weather" weakness you may be feeling.  It's as much revigorating as it is healing.. and with the freezing cold happening right now.. it was just what was missing from my life to really hit the spot.
No, not that one.. the other one...

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment