Search this blog

Translate

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Marinated Sardine Filets

I've done this before once or twice, and I'll do it again...
Because nothing screams "I'm Delicious" like a bunch of sardines that were filleted until 11 pm the night before, then very very well rinsed, doused with lime juice, whose acidity cooks the filets, then marinated in garlic, piment d'espelette, grinds of black pepper, a few pinches fleur de sel, and extra virgin olive oil.
This marinated overnight in the fridge,
and then they were plated as best as I could do before sprinkling them with chopped parsley and chives.
It's tough to plate.  I tried the parallel method and the radial method, but I'm not sure either of them really look as good as they should..
because this hors d'oeuvre is just phenomenal.
It should look spectacular.
I used atlantic sardines which were much smaller than the usual atlantic sardines are.  They were almost like large anchovies (in size, not taste).  I can't really say which are better between atlantic or mediterranean, but I do feel blessed to even have the choice between the two fresh beauties!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment