Search this blog

Translate

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Ginger Watermelon Smoothie

Watermelon is the perfect summer fruit.  It is mostly made of water so it has a rehydrating effect, but it also has a cooling or refrshing effect (as do cucumber, mango, and hibiscus).  Blending it into an ice cold smoothie while everyonr else is drinking beer only just makes sense, right?  To obtain the equivalent euphoric effect.. Just add ginger.  
Actually, this applies to just about anything.
I thought about adding a peach, which I'll probably end up doing later, but here I just wanted the full on spiked watermelon experience.
So, here is how it goes....
Ingredients
1/2 inch piece ginger, peeled
2 or more cups chopped watermelon
Juice from 1/2 lime
Directions
1.  Put the ginger into a magic bullet or blender and topit off with chopped watermelon.
2.  Blend it.  It should be about half full.  Top it off with more chopped watermelon and a squeeze of lime.
3.  Blend it again.
There you have it.
A perfect summer cocktail overflowing with excitement!
This served 2 glasses, but lucky for me.. I still have 3/4 a watermelon to use, so later I'll be adding cilantro and peach to this smoothie for a nice little twist.
I can't wait to get a hold of some popsicle moulds to turn this into sexy iced dessert!

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment